Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Last night was weird. I got to the club around 8 as a walk-in, and it was just so dead. It's the least amount of money I've ever made in my tenure there, including that one day shift I randomly worked. Still, $220 isn't something you previously would have heard me complaining about back when waitressing was my only income.

There was this really old man there, and I know I've seen him in a bunch before but I've never interacted with him. I don't know whether to feel creeped out or sorry for him; it's a pretty level mixture of both. While I was doing my set on stage he put a $20 up on the rail and said he was pre-paying, that he wanted me to come give him a dance afterwards. His hat said "Korea Veteran." So I came down and found him, and walked him down to the couches under the raised stage. Before I could even start he pulled me close to him and said "I don't want you to dance dear, I just want to hold you." Okay. So this clearly violates the no touching rule. But there were no bouncers around and he wasn't touching me in any sort of vulgar way. Just hugging. And as we hugged for the duration of the song, he explained to me that he lost his wife 9 years ago, his "companion" 3 months ago, and two guys he was in the service with in within the past year. My heart absolutely shattered. It was all I could do not to cry and smear the electric blue eyeliner the makeup artist decided to experiment with that night. He stayed the entire night, literally from open until close, and I'm fairly positive he did this with every one of the 7 girls working.

The only other dances I sold were to a big group of guys that came in, all in their late 20's to early 30's. I caught them right when they came in the door, and honestly they looked normal enough and the most I was hoping for was people to sit with instead of sitting down in the locker room. There was maybe about six of them, and two are leaving for Afghanistan today. The friends bought one of the soldiers a dance from me, and when I finished he asked me to keep going for two more songs. Then later on I gave him a few more. When I was on stage they all came up to the front row and tipped me well there, too. I was a little conflicted because I could tell soldier guy liked me; he didn't buy dances from any of the girls that asked. And he even joked when I gave the old man a dance that I was "two timing" him. But then one of his friends, who truth be told was much cuter, started coming up to the front row every time I was on (which was a lot, considering the amount of girls on rotation), and asked me to dance for him. well, of course I did. Money is money and on a slow Tuesday being picky is not an option. But his soldier friend was definitely angry, and left without saying goodbye to me even though I told him to come find me before he left.

All in all it was a pretty lame night, and I spent almost everything I made on a new pair of Uggs today because it's freaking freezing and my old ones are destroyed. I justify this by saying I walked in on my off night, and it was money I wouldn't normally have anyway.

In other news, I'm doing my first bachelor party on Saturday night. One of the girls I work with, Kyla, asked me if I could. It's her cousin, so obviously she can't do it. She said they're all business guys and gentlemen, and some of the fiancee's family will be there so that's why she didn't ask any of the "nasty" girls to go. As of right now it's April and I. We're all going to meet at the club to get our stuff and meet her at 8:30, and she's going to drive us over, introduce us, and wait out in the car. It's $200 up front each, for only an hour, plus whatever we make in tips. I'll be out so early and I don't even think they want us to get fully nude.

The boy is nervous about this. I explained to him that Kyla is legit; she's honest, doesn't do drugs, and she has a normal day job. I trust her, and I will be with another girl from the club. He worries that in a more relaxed environment, and without any bouncers, they guys might be more apt to get aggressive. But for some reason I'm not worried about it at all. I trust the whole situation.

1 comment:

  1. would love to hear an update on the bachelor party. it's something i've wanted to try out for awhile and would be interested in hearing your experience.

    i wish i could "dance" for mr. korea veteran.

    and i send a big blah to the young guys and their drama. whatever. you've just got to learn to work it so that they both feel special and both keep buying dances one after the other ;)

    ReplyDelete