Sunday, May 2, 2010

I got to the club last night around 8:30 to wait for Kyla to come grab me for the bachelor party. She mentioned in passing two nights before that she may have me be a "rub girl" at the party instead of dancing, because I had never done it before. As long as the money was the same, I could care less. But then April said she was going to be a rub girl, so I assumed I would still be dancing.

I let Henry do my make up while I waited. A girl I didn't know and had only done maybe one shift with was counting her money out on the counter by us.

"You're doing a party?"
"Yup."
"Have you ever done one before?"
"No, first time."
"Oh, Jesus. Be careful sweetie. Seriously. Be really careful."

Henry nodded in agreement and told her he had tried to warn me already, which I certainly don't recall. Just then two of the girls that were doing their hair in the mirror next to me turned to face me.

"Do you have ANY idea what you're getting yourself in to?" Shelly asked.

"Well....I mean....Kyla said..."

The girl next to her, Theresa, is much more blunt and cut right to the chase.

"They're going to want sex. It's a completely different atmosphere. Why do you think they do it at their home instead of coming to a club? They're going to want sex, for girl on girl
- for you to do sex acts on the other dancer."

Shelly chimed in again. "That's why there are girls who specifically do these parties, and they ask for $1,000 - just for an hour. Not $200."

Alright, so now I was confused. Kyla had put the offer on the table in the middle of the locker room, and no one had said a thing to me. Plus, she said the whole reason she was asking me was because I wasn't one of the "nasty" girls. But the rest of the girls seemed to have no doubt as to what the bachelor party protocol was.

Just as I was thinking about high tailing it out of there, I got a text from Kyla. They didn't want rub girls any more, and she already had dancers. Henry looked up at me as I read the text and said "Trust me, you're better off."

A little notice would have been nice, but oh well. I could have stayed and worked, but I was exhausted. I worked Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night, and then a Friday double.

Speaking of which, Friday double proved to be extremely lucrative. It honestly didn't feel as brutally long as I thought - and I didn't even take the hour break I was allowed. One of the girls gave me a tip earlier in the day, and it really stuck with me. Set a goal, and make it. It sounds simple, but you'd be shocked how many girls waste their time gossiping in the locker room or getting drunk. I asked her what a reasonable goal was for a double, and she said $1,000. Okay, well she's been there for a few years and I'm brand new, plus is was the first gorgeous day we've had in a while so it wasn't that busy. So my goal was $800. And once I got focused, I wasn't quitting. I only left the floor to go down to eat real quick, get my hair and make up done for the night, and then I was up and back at it. I walked with $950.

I'm thinking about buying some black shoes today. Right now I have just plain clear, and white. The white bottomed ones are so uncomfortable that I almost never wear them. Or maybe clear, mirrored ones. Looking into it now.

4 comments:

  1. so did you ever figure out what exactly a "rub girl" is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, we have them at our club so the terminology didn't startle me. It's a girl that goes around and gives back rubs to the customers. Have you not worked anywhere where they've had these? They can be kind of irritating actually, you can be about to get a dance from a guy and they'll pop out of no where and start heckling them for a back rub. On the bright side, the more gentlemanly of them will offer to buy dancers back rubs if you're sitting with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, never heard of this before. interesting concept. at one club they allowed guys to pay to GIVE the girls shoulder/neck massages but never worked anywhere where we sold 'em.

    except at one club where one of the strippers was actually also a massage therapist and she'd sell either lap dances or massages. hmmm.

    i like this idea. if i owned a strip club i would incorporate it. i always thought the world needed more massage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've worked at clubs that the dancers offered back rubs...they cost the same as a lap dance. The reason they sold so well was because Massachusetts is a strict no-contact state...which means the dancers can't even touch the guys when they're nude (even putting your hands on his knees to make sure you don't fall on your face from dancing in 6" heels and on carpet...face-plants are not sexy...in case you were wondering :p)

    It was a nice option instead of doing lap dances all night and usually the guys really enjoyed them (I took a few massage classes in college...way to use my education).

    The club charged $20 a dance/massage and for a dance you had to tip the bouncer $1 but didn't have to tip out for a massage...yay for 1 whole dollar!

    ReplyDelete