Saturday, May 22, 2010

Last night was my commencement ball, and it was the first time in a while I felt like a normal college student. Well, semi-normal. And by that I mean I'm pretty sure I was the only one there that got their hair and makeup done for the ball at a strip club.

I worked the day shift yesterday until 6:30 so I really only had time to run home, change, and grab a cab to the park for pictures before hopping on the trolly. The night was really fun, although I do need to keep myself in check when I go out dancing lately because I inadvertently bust out really whoreish moves out of habit. No, it is not appropriate to caress your breasts over your ball gown while amongst peers.

I've got a bit of a problem though. See, I wasn't supposed to be going to this ball. Remember that whole not graduating cause I took a semester off thing? Well, because of that I've had to miss out on pretty much all of senior week. It meant no senior toast, no ball, and obviously no walking with my class at graduation. It's been a tough week seeing all my friends get ready for it, and it's been hard not to get kind of down about the whole situation. But on Wednesday night one of my close friends called me and told me she had somehow scored me and extra ticket to the ball, which I thought was absolutely impossible. I'm embarassed to say I actually teared up with happiness. I rushed out Thursday morning to get a gown, get my nails done, etc, and then called my boss.

I was supposed to work a double. But it was a Friday night, and I figured it would be no problem to do a make up shift this Monday. And I was doing the responsible thing by calling and telling him the situation, instead of just not showing up or calling out sick, like most girls do. Right? Wrong. He was a complete douche about it, told me there was no way I could take Friday night off. I couldn't believe it. This is my COMMENCEMENT BALL. It's a pretty big deal, and there was no way I was missing it. So I went in yesterday morning for my day shift and under the guidance of the house mom, the makeup artist, and the other girls (who all agreed that the manager was being ridiculous), simply walked out at the end of it and accepted the fact that I was going to be a no call/no show.

This is the young manager we're talking about, who I've never had a problem with before but everyone else seems to hate him. I see why now. The real manager is on tonight, so I guess I'm going to have to just cross my fingers that he is more understanding and I don't get a suspension. That would suck. The Boy just got his offer accepted for a new house he's co-buying to flip, and we're trying to renovate the other rentals bathroom and a bunch of other things right now, so we need the money.

So I'm just going to go in tonight and hope he lets me work. After my shift, I'm driving to my home town (over an hour away) to where the rental houses are because The Boy needs all hands on deck to get it ready for the renters that are coming next week. This weekend has been exhausting.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you were still posting, I just found the blog right now and absolutely adore your style of writing. I want to know how everything is going!

    Lemme know, http://detroitinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Can't wait to read more! Please read mine too- http://dontmesswiththewaitress.blogspot.com/

    If you want, we can link eachother. My email is jeanetteseyny@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete